Hello everybody and welcome to Blogmas day… 7!!! It’s time to reveal the 7th window of this Advent Calendar. It’s all going so fast, it’s nearly a week since all these started and I couldn’t be more excited. Now that I have done a few posts I would like to ask you what you think about Blogmas by Marioness?? If you want to leave some suggestion or improvement don’t desire to leave it on the comments down below, I’m all ears.
Weather is starting to get colder and colder and as I said several times in other posts, for me is perfect to take a hot chocolate. And that’s why today I’m going to be sharing with you some different ideas of Hot Chocolate of many different types. I hope you like it and that you find the perfect one!
So the first one is the Classic Hot Chocolate. You know cocoa, whipped cream and marshmallows.
Link to the original recipe: http://deliciouslyyum.com/sipping-hot-chocolate/
INGREDIENTS: (for two servings)
– 3 Cups of milk
– 3 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
– 2 Tablespoons of sugar
– A pinch of salt
– A pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg (optional)
– 1/2 Teaspoon of vanilla
– 310 grams of dark chocolate
– Marshmallows and whipped cream
1. Put the milk into a pot and heat until is hot but not boiling.
2. Meanwhile, in a small box mix together cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside. Also, chop the dark chocolate and set aside.
3. Once the milk is heat, remove 3 tablespoons and add it into the dry ingredients. Stir until a paste is form.
4. Turn the heat to low and add the paste to the hot milk. Whisk until the chocolate is fully incorporated.
5. Then add the vanilla and chocolate chunks and continue stirring until the chocolate is completely melted.
5. Finally, serve it in mugs and on top add whipped cream, marshmallows and cocoa powder.
Next we have the Gingerbread Hot Chocolate. The perfect combo to get the most wintry scent.
Link to the original recipe: http://www.thehopelesshousewife.com/?hhw_recipes=gingerbread-hot-cocoa#.WEZ2N19h8m8
INGREDIENTS: (for four servings)
– 4 Cups of milk
– 1/2 Cup of cocoa powder
– 1/4 Cup of brown sugar
– 1/4 Cup of brown sugar
– 1/2 Teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1/2 Teaspoon of ground ginger
– 1/2 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/4 Teaspoon of salt
– Whipped cream for topping
1. In a pot over low heat, heat the milk.
2. While warming the milk, combine the cocoa powder, the brown sugar, the cinnamon, the allspice and the ginger in a small bowl.
3. Then whisk all the dry ingredients into the milk until hot.
4. Serve with whipped cream and cinnamon on top.
Now the quick one, Nutella Hot Chocolate. If you are running out of time but still want to make some hot drink, this is perfect!
Link to the original recipe: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/nutella-hot-chocolate/
INGREDIENTS: ( for one serving)
– 2 Tablespoons of Nutella
– 1 Cup of milk
– Optional toppings: whipped cream, marshmallows, chocolate syrup, chocolate shavings.
1. Heat the milk in a pot over medium heat until is hot but not boiling.
2. Add the Nutella and whisk until dissolved.
3. Serve immediately with your desired toppings.
Now for the no so sweet lovers, this is for you. Peppermint Hot Chocolate by adding a fresh and mint touch.
Link to the original recipe: http://www.number-2-pencil.com/2012/12/03/peppermint-hot-chocolate/
INGREDINTS: (for four servings)
– 2 Cups of milk
– 2 Cups of heavy cream
– 1 to 1 and 1/2 of semi sweet chocolate chips.
– 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– Optional toppings: Whipped cream and crushed candy cane
1. Heat milk and heavy cream in a pot until hot but no boiling. Stir occasionally while heating.
2. Once hot, pour mixture into s bowl over chocolate chips. And add the vanilla and peppermint extract.
3. Whisk all until the chocolate chips are completely melted.
4. Serve with whipped cream and crushed candy cane on top.
And now moving into the other side for those who love sweet tastes but with something a little bit more salted. The Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate!
Link to the original recipe: http://www.sugarhero.com/salted-caramel-hot-chocolate/?utm_source=SugarHero+Blog+Posts&utm_campaign=cc7a72dce7-SugarHero+RSS+Emails&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_aeda428462-cc7a72dce7-101553509
INGREDEINTS: (for eight servings)
– 1½ Cups of sugar
– ¼ Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
– 4½ Cups of milk
– 225g of milk chocolate, finely chopped
– 56g of dark chocolate, finely chopped
– A big pinch salt
– Whipped cream and caramel sauce (optional)
1. In a small bowl mix the sugar and the lemon juice until the sugar is totally melted.
2. Put a pot in medium heat and preheat it until is hot. Then, add the sugar and start stirring immediately. Soon after it liquefies it will start to take on colour so stir constantly until it is a medium amber colour.
3. Continue stirring meanwhile you add the milk. And like this the caramel will appear.
4. Once the milk is at a simmer (small bubbles forming along the sides of the pan) remove the pot form the heat. Don’t let the milk come to the boil! Now, you can add the chopped chocolate to the pot and wisk until the chocolate is melted.
5. Finally, add a pinch of salt. Now you can serve it with whipped cream and caramel sauce if you want!
And that’s all for that yummy post! I hope you liked it and that you get some ideas for making some different hot chocolate this Christmas! Also tell me in the comments which one you like the most!
Can’t wait for tomorrows post!
SPARKLE THE WORLD WITH YOUR OWN IDEAS
Ps. Thanks for 163 followers! You are amazing!!
DISCLAIMER: Any of the images in this post are my own except for the title one. Also, any of these recipes are my own.